What is a Tax ID Number?
An EIN is the corporate equivalent to your SSN. Only in unique circumstances will your company not require one. If there's more than one member, a bank account or employees, then an EIN is needed. No financial institution will allow you to open up a business account without an EIN.
Filing for Your Employer Identification
Number (EIN/TIN) Online
You may obtain your EIN yourself via the IRS website. The process takes twenty minutes and is a bureaucratic hassle. However, it's the quickest way and the only other option is fax. If doing it yourself isn’t your style, then feel free to place an order or contact us for more information. We are happy to assist, regardless of whether the owners are from the U.S.A.
- Follow These Steps:
- Go to the IRS website
- Press the “Apple for an Employer ID Number” button
- Click the “Apple Online Now” button (Have your SSN, EIN, or TTIN ready).
- Choose the entity you need a TIN for: S-Corp / Partnership / Corporations/ LLC, Estate/ Trusts
- Press “Continue”
- Review the submitted information and press “Continue” again.
- Answer the questions about the number of managers/members and the company’s location.
- Confirm everything is correct before pressing the “Continue” button.
- Choose why you’re applying for an EIN. So you know, most choose “Starting a new business” or “Banking purposes”.
- Fill in information about who is requesting the TIN/EIN. Choosing individual will require a SSN or TTIN, whereas choosing “Existing business” dictates an already existent EIN.
- Fill our the questions and click the “Continue” button.
- Fill out details such as start date, location and more. Don’t panic, this information remains between only you and the IRS. It will never go into a public database.
- There are finishing questions, such as if your organization handles alcohol, gambling or intends to give out W-2s.
- Choose a sector
- Detail the nature of business
- Choose how to get your new EIN. The online option provides immediate access. Mail is probably a left over option as it provides no obvious benefits.
- Confirm everything one last time and you are finished!
What corporate services do we offer?
Services designed to make starting and running your company simple. Allow us to form your company, run your virtual office, forward your mail and act as your registered agent. You focus on what matters - running your company.